LiveLOOK is committed to protecting the privacy and security of any confidential information you share with us and will always use that information carefully and sensibly. We are providing this notice to explain our practices regarding the collection and use of personal information with regard to all the services and websites offered by LiveLOOK, Inc. In order to provide a full range of services, LiveLOOK may collect the following types of information:
- Information users provide - When you sign up for a LiveLOOK account that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name , email address and an account password). For certain services, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- LiveLOOK cookies - When you visit LiveLOOK, we use one or more cookies - a small file containing a string of characters that uniquely identifies your preferences and allows us to prepare customized web pages. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you disable cookies, primary LiveLOOK services and functionality will continue to perform, however, some LiveLOOK website features may not function properly.
- Log information - When you use LiveLOOK, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to LiveLOOK, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated/Partner sites - We offer some of our services in connection with other websites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to LiveLOOK in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our technology partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case LiveLOOK may not be able to provide those services to you.
LiveLOOK only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of LiveLOOK in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safetyof LiveLOOK, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as aggregate session numbers per time period, for example. Such information does not identify individual users.
LiveLOOK processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
LiveLOOK is 100% opposed to unsolicited commercial email or spam. We do not send emails to anyone without permission and we do not sell or provide email addresses to any unauthorized third party.
Changes to this policy
Date: 25 September 2008